Why Choose a Board Certified Lawyer?
Most people think that all lawyers who handle Personal Injury cases are all the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. While any attorney can advertise as a Personal Injury lawyer, only a select few are actually recognized by the Florida Bar as Board Certified Civil Trial Attorneys. Currently, about 1% of all Florida lawyers are Board Certified in the area of Civil Trial practice.
To become a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, a lawyer must:
- Try at least 15 jury trials as lead attorney.
- Be licensed as an attorney in Florida for at least 5 years.
- Complete 50 hours of Continuing Legal Education in designated courses every 3 years.
- Pass a comprehensive written examination on civil trial, both law and procedure.
- Get references from other attorneys and Judges as to their skill and ethical standing.
- Be re-certified every 5 years.
So why choose a lawyer who is Board Certified in Civil Trial Practice ? Because they are the only attorneys the Florida Bar recognizes as experts or specialists in this field. They have passed a rigorous screening process that 99% of the attorneys in Florida have not, or are not eligible to complete. If you hire an attorney who is not Board Certified, you can only hope that they have the experience and skill to handle your case.At Greene & Tischler, Robert Greene has been a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer continuously since 1991. During that time he has tried over 100 jury trials and handled thousands of Personal Injury cases. If you've been injured, call him for a free consultation.