The Most Common Car Crash Injuries
If you have ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you likely know that even the most minor collision can potentially result in injuries. Even if you feel fine in the immediate aftermath of an accident or you believe that the accident was not that serious, it is still crucial to take a trip to the doctor for a check-up. Oftentimes, the adrenaline one experiences during an accident keeps them from feeling the symptoms of an injury. Additionally, some symptoms might take time to develop, so make sure seeking medical treatment is among your top priorities after a motor vehicle accident.
We compiled a list of the most common injuries sustained in traffic accidents and some of their accompanying symptoms:
- Whiplash: This is the most common injury sustained in accidents, especially rear-end collisions. It affects the muscles and other soft tissues without breaking any bones and, though it does not leave a visible mark, the pain can be unbearable and require a lot of time to heal. In some cases, this injury can lead to chronic pain and it is possible for an accident victim to never achieve a full recovery.
- Scrapes and cuts: One can potentially sustain these types of injuries if he or she gets hit by loose projectiles. They can be painful and pose a risk for infections or complications.
- Head injuries: Head injuries, no matter how seemingly minor they might be, always put a person at risk for suffering brain function problems. In severe cases, they can result in long-term problems, such as persistent headaches, trouble sleeping, and even behavioral problems.
- Broken ribs and other broken bones: The body’s ribs are fragile and even a moderate impact can cause them to break. This could happen if you were pushed forward, backward, or sideways due to the impact of the collision and require a lengthy recovery period. Broken bones are generally common in rear-end and side-impact motor vehicle accidents.
- Internal bleeding: Not only are external cuts common, but so is internal bleeding. This is a particularly dangerous injury and can be fatal if it is not treated quickly enough, which is why it is imperative to seek medical after an accident.
- Herniated disc: This injury can occur when one or more vertebrae in the spine ruptures or shifts out of place. A herniated disc could result in persistent pain and other complications.
- Knee trauma: The sudden impact of a crash can cause a person’s knees to hit the dashboard, which can easily result in damage and pain to the ligaments and kneecap. To cope with this injury, braces, crutches, or even surgery might be required.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: In addition to physical injuries, the trauma of enduring a motor vehicle accident can also inflict psychological harm as well.
Hire a Skilled Personal Injury Attorneys in Cape Coral!
If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else's negligent actions, you have a right to pursue fair and just compensation. At Greene & Tischler, P.A., our team of personal injury attorneys in Cape Coral is dedicated to providing fierce legal representation on behalf of motor vehicle accident victims. Backed by a proven track record of success, you can rest assured that your case will be in good hands with us.
Begin your personal injury lawsuit today and reach out to our law firm at (239) 529-4758 to schedule a free initial case review with one of our compassionate attorneys.